Monday, September 5, 2016

A Movie, and some advice, good advice, maybe



People are constantly asking me “Tim, what is the best video editing software for Windows 10 or the iPhone?” Do you have any idea how irritating it is to answer that question over and over again. Co-workers following me around all day, family members, calling, texting, faxing, sending private messages on Facebook, complete strangers stopping me on the street. Actually, nobody asks me that.

But, if they did, my answer would be, there isn’t one best app for producing world class videos. Or even cheesy little clips like mine. You need dozens of different apps to make videos.

Clapper

I use Power Director Mobile, mostly on the Surface, it has so many transitions and effects it is very hard to find one with more. I actually bought the full version for $9.95. Even the free version is robust, fun, and filled with features. 

But, it has no apparatus to fade music. Which is absolutely vital to app production. Plus there seems to be no online help for that app. But, never fear, it is a simple matter, sort of, to move the video to the iPhone and there are so many good video apps on iOS that it is almost impossible to name them all.

So, we will focus on one Viva Video, which has some fantastic features. And, I think I am still using the free version, I will check and let you know in a future post.

So here are two videos from our trip to Swappers Day last Saturday.  Keep in mind, they both started in Power Director Mobile, the second one was “enhanced” with Viva Video and Cute Cut on the iPhone. I might run a few more incarnations and post them later.

Here is the first one.


And here is the edit.