Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Your Chance To Be Heard, coming soon.

Anybody who knows me, knows I feel self expression is sacred. People, all people, should have the right to be heard. Everybody needs to have a say. Voltaire has been attributed with "I do not agree with what you say, but I will defend to my death your right to say it."* While I am not willing to go quite that far, I want everybody to have a chance to have their turn at the microphone as it were.

With the increasing invasion of technology into our life it is easier and easier to have our say. And, if a picture is worth a thousand words, what is a moving picture worth? A lot more, right? Maybe 1500 words.

Now, what if you add a caption, or two to the moving picture? It has to up the value to at least a fifteen hundred words, and however many words are in the caption, right? So, a seven word caption makes the picture worth at least a fifteen hundred and seven words. I am no mathematician but that seems self evident.

Now suppose you add a little music to the picture, and captions, what then. It has to up the value at least a couple hundred or so. Let's settle on the conservative estimate of 175 words. Now we have a picture that is worth at least (lets see, 1500 + 7 + 175, carry the one... wait, there's a calculator) 1582 words!

Now that's some serious self expression. But, this is just the beginning, I am going to announce, right here on this blog, the launch of a new blog, where you can have your say, with moving pictures. It will be great. So Stay Tuned.

And, to start, I am going to post the first, defiant act of self expression, right here on the Tech Whacko Blog. It was made with Video Meme Generator, available for free at the App Store, and Google Play, but there are probably hundreds of similar apps.



What I am saying here is public utility employees can be self important snots, screaming at people for not wearing hardhats, and chasing them away from all the cool equipment they have laying around all over the place. It is much easier to yell at the curious, and innocent than it is to fix the power line and restore electricity to the building I guess.

So, step out from the shadows of solitude, stand up and be the voice of those that cannot be heard, let your voice ring from the mountains, and echo through the valleys!  Stand with me, and we can be ignored by people in power together, including the power company. As soon as I can figure out how to make it work.

*Many people deny it was Voltaire, and for the sake of this post it does not really matter, but if you have a theory about who said it, please let me know, please, I beg of you.