Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Photo Apps, for a Smart Phone, a List, Kind Of.

I spend a lot of time pursuing the perfect photo app, and have accumulated an impressive array. I have apps to blend pictures, merge pictures, refine, remodel and completely alter them to make them into pictures not even remotely resembling the original. All of which is good, but, I still take lousy pictures.

So, here is the skinny on photo apps.

1.) Enlight. It will do a ton of stuff, but as with any robust program it is complicated. I have it, I love it, but I only use it when I have a lot of time to poke around and repair the inevitable mistakes. Not that other people will have these problems, but anybody this age (fifty six), with a limited (very limited) amount of technical proficiency will struggle, and love every second.

2.) Pixlr. This is great, it has a lot of options, is easy to use, and can clean up most of my photography problems. Maybe all, if you are not too fussy. It is from Autodesk, so the fact that it is user friendly amazes me, I used AutoCad briefly and it was so complicated, so filled with menus, and options it seemed Satanic.

3.) Aviary. A lot like Pixlr, only not so much, more like Pixlr Lite. But still very useful.

4,) Strip Design. This one is my favorite. Not because it is the best, but because it was one of the first apps I ever bought. And no matter how terrible my photos they can all be made into cartoons.

My point is, technology is fun, and should be used to make your life easier, more pleasant, and fun. Don't be afraid to try new things, several new things. There are thousands of apps, with games, and image manipulation, all waiting for you. Jump in, we're with you every step of the way.

When you find some cool apps, let me know, I am always in the market.